Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bye Bye!

Well, Cameron has left on his year-long business trip and I've started packing up the apartment to move back to the good ole US of A. LT Cam took a bus from Vilseck to Ramstein AFB, where he then took a chartered Delta flight to Kyrzgstan (he said they had in flight meals and everything!). Apparently there's a pretty nice base in K where they hang out until taking an Army flight to Kandahar and from there a helicopter to his outpost. I will keep everyone updated on his whereabouts and any package requests he has. We have been told not to mail anything until our guys take over the mail service down there on July 7th, so I will send out his address when we get it.
I am going to stop receiving mail on July 2nd, after that it will be forwarded to my parents house. The first round of movers come on July 1st (I am NOT turning 25 this year, I've decided to put it off for another year until I'm ready) and the final round come on the 2nd. I'm looking forward to being home, closer to the ocean, Daniel, and English speaking people in general, but it is sad to think that Cameron and I won't be returning to our first "love nest" and that our European adventure is, for the most part, over.
See you all soon, stay tuned for updates on Cameron's whereabouts and address.

No comments: