Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Biggest Snowman EVER!

A couple weeks ago on my way to post I noticed a gigantic snowman on the side of the road. It was the biggest snowman I had ever seen, and thought it was super cool. Last week, someone built an even BIGGER one next to it! Today I finally had to pull over and take pictures of these monstrosities. I have no idea how they got there, I am guessing it must have been done by some guys with plows and/or dump trucks full of snow, and some other cool equipment. Its crazy because I never saw either one in any stages of building, so they must have been done in one day!
The first, smaller one is to the left. He's a bit older so he is looking a little dowdy due to the warmer weather last weekend. His bottom alone is probably about 5 ft tall.
He is sad he melted a little this weekend. The noses are orange felt wrapped around something, and the buttons are plastic flower pots.
This is the one that was built more recently. This guy's bottom is over 6 ft tall! I have no idea how they get the snow up to the top two snow balls and shape it! The builders must have a crane or something. Even the Germans have been out showing their kids and taking pictures of the snowmen. Super cool. I wonder how many months they will survive??

No comments: