Monday, September 22, 2008

Welcome!

Hi everyone-
I thought it would be easier to keep my pictures and stories all in one place. This way, I'm not sending emails all over the place, and if you are interested you can keep coming back, if you aren't, then don't!
Things are going well, Cameron and I are moved into our new apartment (pictures to come later, when its organized better!) and we are working on making it our home. Right now, we have army issue furniture, so we are working on buying things that fit our style better, and most importantly match. Its a slow process because we are learning our way around and the stores here aren't open on Sundays.
Amberg is set up so that everything is situated along a ring, and inside that ring is cobblestone streets with shops, beer gardens, and cafes. Our apartment is across the street from the ring, so there are parks and gardens to walk through to get to the center with the shops, cafes, and bars. I think my favorite thing about Germany is their attitude towards dogs. People bring their K-9 friends everywhere with them- bars, restaurants, shopping, hotels. Its great, they are so well behaved I can pet a dog while in a bar. I can't wait to get one, but I also do not want it to impinge on our travels. I guess I will have to wait. 
Speaking of traveling, we have plans to go to London in October, and hopefully Oktoberfest this weekend (I watched the Oktoberfest parade on tv, you wouldn't believe how many people own leiderhosen and can carry 4+ beer steins in one hand. Of course, I have no idea what they were saying about them...). 
Stay tuned for pictures of these trips, as well as pictures of Amberg and the apartment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Emily is a blogger now.